Yanni Kuznia, COO of Subterranean Press, and I spent this episode at Penguicon hanging out with our fellow geeks, answering some quick-hit questions from our inbox, and fielding a few more from the audience. Questions covered here include:
- How do we reconcile our statements that “firing is failure” and that one should “coach up or coach out”?
- How do you deal with teammates that have a hygiene or odor issue?
- How do you train to be a leader? What classes should one take?
- How do you avoid feeling as though you have to explain your every decision to your team?
- How do you handle a situation where a person to whom you report is making a bad decision that will have a big impact?